We will resume on Feb 21.
- Classes with Jose Carrion - ongoing, learn traditional Cuban dance
- Rueda de casino CLASS at SalsaNSeattle, every other Sunday, Level I starts Jan 10, 3:00-4:30 (curriculum available on SnS web site) Come for class and stay for practica!
- Casino, Rueda, and AfroCuban classes with Reinier Valdes, Tuesdays & Wednesdays in the International District, with Wednesday 9 pm practica
- I hear Mark Lilly may be teaching Orisha dance, music & culture...stay tuned
- Saturday, weekly, as posted on Facebook: DJ Reinier @ Lake Chad Cafe, Seattle, typically starts @ 8:30
- San Francisco Rueda Festival, Feb 11-14
- Supersones @ Musiquarium, Monday Feb 22, 7:00-10:00, no cover
- Rose City Salsa & Timba Festival, Mar 31-Apr 3 (Vancouver, WA)
- There are various trips to Cuba being offered in the coming year. See posts below and talk to your teachers & fellow dancers.
I will be a teaching Level 1 (Beginner) series. It meets Jan 10, Jan 24 & Feb 7, from 3:00-4:30. See http://www.salsanseattle.com/#!rueda-casino-dance-classes-sea/cine for curriculum, registration and more info. This class focuses on the basics on rueda and casino, with an emphasis on lead/follow technique.
Level II meets on Feb 21, March 6 & March 20, also 3:00-4:30. Come for class and stay for practica!
By the end of Level II, students will know the 12 Building Block steps for casino partner dancing and rueda calls, and the the 7 Survival Skills for dancing in a rueda.
Sunday pratice at SalsaNSeattle is cancelled on 12/27. We’ll be there on 12/20, and we’ll resume in the new year on 1/3.
As usual, first hour is all levels welcome. Second hour is high-intermediate/advanced level.
During the first hour, there will be a focus on more basic calls, however advanced dancers are STILL WELCOME. Here are some ways to get the most out of it: It’s a great opportunity to practice calling, practice role reversal, work on technique…even to work on your peer mentoring skills. If there are enough advanced dancers the first hour they are welcome to dance in a separate circle.
There is INDEED Seattle Rueda Sunday practice at SalsaNSeattle this Sunday! 4:30-6:30. And we’ll have practice every Sunday though the holiday season
Seattle’s Cuban Dance Party – Salsa N’ Seattle Dance Studio
Dance to the latest Cuban Hits: Salsa, Timba, Son y Reggaeton. Hosted by DJ Dre and Ofer.
Free Dance Lesson at 9:30pm
Cover $10 – 21+
Sunday, Nov 1, there will be NO SEATTLE RUEDA SUNDAY PRACTICE. Nov 1 only, because the space at SalsaNSeattle is unavailable.
Tell your friends who want to learn rueda de casino (Cuban salsa in a square-dance-like format)…and anyone who wants to come to Sunday practica but needs a refresher: I will be teaching Level I (beginner/refresher) rueda de casino at SalsaNSeattle starting Sunday, Sept 27, 3:00-4:30. The class will meet every other Sunday. Come for class and stay for practica! http://www.salsanseattle.com/#!rueda-casino-dance-classes-sea/cine
Leads who want to learn to follow and follows wanting to learn to lead are also welcome.
The curriculum is on the SalsaNSeattle Rueda/Cuban Salsa web page — scroll down and look in the lower right. So folks who want to drop in or refresh their skills can see what steps will be taught when.
Sorry amigos, but we’re canceling Casino on Cardboard for tonight due to the forecast for a 70% chance of rain tonight. Save your sunscreen for now. Check back each Friday through September to find out how much longer the beach dance season will go.
Hi folks, The Musiquarium had to cancel today’s show due to an “infrastructure problem.” Let’s hope they get it repaired soon. Check back for future events with this band.