- Classes with Jose Carrion - ongoing, learn traditional Cuban dance
- Rueda de casino CLASS at SalsaNSeattle, every other Sunday starting 9/27, 3:00-4:30 (Level I beginner/refresher 9/27 & 10/11, next level after that through Dec.) Come for class and stay for practica!
- Casino, Rueda, and AfroCuban classes with Reinier Valdes, Tuesdays & Wednesdays in the International District, with Wednesday 9 pm practica
- CANCELLED (foiled again!) Kiki Valera y Los Guajibiros 8/30, A Very Taki Tiki Bar, Edmonds, 6:00-8:00
- Casino on Cardboard every Friday (weather permitting and unless otherwise posted) thru approx mid-Sept. on the beach at Alki at approximately 58th Ave SW, setup 6ish, music & dancing 7 till 10ish.
- Clave Gringa w/ Kiki Valera, Fri 9/11, 8:00-10:30, North City Bistro, $10 a reservation is necessary
- Clave Gringa w/ Kiki Valera, Sat Sept 26, Waving Tree Winery, Kirkland, $10
- October 16-18: Tri-Cities Salsa Congress, Oct 16-18, Richland, WA, w/ workshops by Maritza Baida!
Sorry amigos, but we’re canceling Casino on Cardboard for tonight due to the forecast for a 70% chance of rain tonight. Save your sunscreen for now. Check back each Friday through September to find out how much longer the beach dance season will go.
Hi folks, The Musiquarium had to cancel today’s show due to an “infrastructure problem.” Let’s hope they get it repaired soon. Check back for future events with this band.
Keep dancing after the flash mob! Go to the Musiquarium at the Triple Door. Free, no cover! Traditional son, boleros, etc.–all very danceable. You can eat there too–great food from Wild Ginger kitchen!
About the band: http://lafamiliavaleramiranda.com/kiki_valera_y_los_guajbaros/
One the Musiquarium calendar: http://thetripledoor.net/Calendar/Events/Musicquarium-New/August-2015/Kiki-Valera-Y-Los-Guajibaros.aspx?date=2015-08-23
This Sunday 8/23: take part in the Flash Mob at Seattle Center (see Agustin’s invite https://www.facebook.com/events/1047495208596583/).
Seattle Casineros/Seattle Rueda, Boeing Rueda, Rumba NW, Portland Casineros…all are welcome.
There will NOT be Sunday practice at Wallingford Steps. Go to Seattle Center, 4:00 pm, instead…
After 25 years of directing La Familia Valera Miranda, Santiago de Cuba’s most beloved son septeto, international recording artist Kiki Valera joins forces with a new line up of accomplished musicians. One of Cuba’s most creative & talented cuatristas, Kiki now turns his attention to an ensemble that includes:
Alex Rivera – vocals; Steve Guasch – bongos; Gary Stroutsos – concert wood flute; Guillermo Padilla on congas.